Founded in 1991, China Association for Medical Devices Industry (CAMDI) is a non-profit social organization with corporative qualification. As a national medical devices industry association, CAMDI is established on a voluntary basis by organizations and individuals engaged in the research and development, production, operation, investment, product testing, certification and consultation, and training in relation to medical devices.
The purpose of CAMDI is to represent and safeguard the common interests and legitimate rights of its members, and to promote the healthy development of China’s medical devices industry. CAMDI abides by the State’s constitution, laws, regulations and policies, observes social ethnics, and receives guidance and supervision of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, receives guidance of China Food and Drug Administration.
Currently, CAMDI runs 40 branches and specialized committees and has more than 4,000 members.
1. Reporting the reasonable requests of its members to all sectors of society, safeguarding their lawful rights and interests, and endeavoring to remove the barriers to industrial development;
2. Carrying out researches on issues concerning the development of the medical devices industry, and giving comments and suggestions related to policies and legislation to the China Food and Drug Administration（CFDA） and other related government authorities;
3. Organizing relevant parties to formulate industry-specific policies and monitoring the implementation thereof, standardizing corporate behavior, actively participating in the construction of a harmonious society, building up a credit system step by step, serving the people justly and equally, and promoting the healthy development of the industry;
4. Participating in the formulation and modification of national and industrial standards, as well as the publicity and promotion of industrial qualification management;
5. As authorized and commissioned by the China Food and Drug Administration and other government authorities, participating in the planning for the industry and early-stage feasibility demonstration for major technical transformation, technology import and investment, and development projects of the industry;
6. Organizing economic and technological exchanges and cooperation at home and abroad, and coordinating domestic enterprises in taking part in international competition;
7. Providing registration, consultation and agency services for Class III products and imported products, and carry out certification and recognition work as approved by relevant government authorities;
8. Keeping industry statistics and carrying out industry consulting within its authority, and organizing training in regulatory affairs, quality, technology and vocational training within the medical devices industry;
9. Organizing appraisals and promotions of the scientific and technological achievements and products in the industry with approval by relevant government authorities, participating in IPR protection, assisting its member enterprises with patent application in compliance with relevant laws, and seeking scientific research support and project funds for its members;
10. Creating publications according to relevant regulations and collecting, analyzing and releasing industry information;
11. Participating in tendering and bidding for government procurement projects and medical devices at home and abroad, maintaining the market order of fair competition, and providing business opportunities for its law-abiding member enterprises;
12. Commissioned by the government or according to the needs for market and industry development, organizing domestic and international exhibitions, seminars, investment promotion activities, etc.;
13. Actively participating in industrial and social welfare undertakings.